TSG is aware of the high level of need for mental health support and treatment for the families in our community and beyond, and an increasingly short supply of available therapists. We are excited to offer new services with immediate daytime availability: Mental Health Consultations. These appointments are a one-time or brief preventive and/or supportive service for individuals and families who are not engaged in therapy at TSG, yet could benefit from consulting with a mental health expert in a variety of ways.
We offer the following options for Consultation services with our Supervisor-level clinicians who have decades of experience providing therapy and supervision in schools and private practice:
Mental Health Checkups
The intention behind this service is to provide brief assessment, answer general questions about your/your child’s mental health, and provide resources or referrals if needed. These consultations are offered as a one-time service for 1-2 hours (depending on need), or sometimes include one to two follow-up sessions. Think of it like a yearly physical or “Well Visit” for you or your child – it can be a preventive service, an educational/informational meeting, a starting point for finding the right treatment or referral for the right provider, and/or establishing a contact if future needs arise for treatment for any member of the family.
The Mental Health Checkup is an opportunity to:
- Increase awareness of your mental health including your risk factors and resiliency factors
- Learn about ways to support your/your child’s healthy development and prevent or better manage future challenges
- Normalize conversations about mental health in your family, during times of stress as well as times of wellness
Mental Health Treatment Planning and Second Opinion Consultations
These appointments are intended for individuals or for parents of children who are experiencing mental health concerns, including those who are or have previously been in therapy or on medications or receiving supportive services, and need guidance on the best course of treatment. It can be overwhelming trying to figure out where to start when something is wrong, and having a thorough consultation to collaborate and develop a plan is a vital first step.
Treatment Planning/Second Opinion Consultations are helpful if you want to:
- Discuss concerns about your / your child’s mood or behavior, and explore what type of therapy and/or other interventions would help
- Receive information and strategies, resources, referrals, or services for managing stressors or symptoms for yourself or your child
- Get a second opinion on treatment planning and explore alternative options if you’re feeling “stuck” in current treatment
- Ask for feedback and support regarding services/accomodations for mental health or learning issues (including a read-through of Psychoeducational Evaluations and 504/IEP plans)
- Leave with a greater understanding of and confidence in a path forward for yourself and/or your child